You guys know how much I love granola, and if I could afford to live off of Legal Ground's I would. This is a close runner up. In fact, hubs and I have been making this on a weekly basis for months now. Simply can't beat it.
2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
1 cup sliced almonds
2 cups shredded coconut, loosely packed
½ cup toasted wheat germ
½ cup flax seeds
½ cup chopped salted mixed nuts (cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds)
3/4 cup maple syrup, grade A dark amber
1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a half sheet baking tray (18″x13″x1″) with parchment paper.
2. Toss the oatmeal, almonds, and coconut together on the prepared sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the wheat germ, flax seeds, cinnamon and chopped nuts.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
5. Place the maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 5 minutes being careful that mixture does not boil over.
6. Remove from heat and pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture and thoroughly mix, evenly coating all dry ingredients.
7. Return the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until light golden brown.
8. Transfer the warm mixture to a large mixing bowl and crumble into smaller bite-sized pieces. Mix in the raisins and cranberries. Serve at room temperature.
Original recipe inspired by Taste Invader.