Since so many of you emailed asking about the notebook Tim mentioned in his letters last week I decided to write a separate post about it. The idea came after reading a book about organization. I realized that if something were to happen to Tim and I, our family and friends wouldn't have any idea where to find our will, life insurance policy, investments, etc. Our solution? The Loerke Burn Book.
$35.00 at Staples or Target).
Here are the contents of our Loerke Burn Book:
* Zipper pouch with pens, cards, and pre-stamped envelopes for Birthdays
* Yearly calendar of our family's Birthdays
* Emergency Contact List (numbers to Poison Control, alarm code, doctor's phone numbers, and our closest friend's contact information).
* Grocery list with pocket for coupons (I'll explain this one later)
* Internet Passwords & Logins
* Health & Dental Insurance Information (Including a list of non-eligible HSA medical expenses)
* Life Insurance Policy and Beneficiaries
* Will, Power of Attorney & Physician's Directive
* Auto Insurance Policy, Car Titles, and a CD containing all of our car maintenance receipts
* Budget & Student Loan Information
* List of our family's medications & allergies
* Photocopies of our debit cards, credit card, and driver's licenses in case we lose our wallets
To explain the whole grocery list thing ... I decided to included it in our Loerke Burn Book because it's something we access everyday. Plus it has pockets for coupons. I also decided to include a family Birthday calendar and pre-stamped envelopes so I no longer have any excuses not to mail Birthday cards!
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions on things to add to our Burn Book. I can't tell you how good it feels to have all of this stuff together in once place. It's just good to know that if something were to happen to us our friends and family wouldn't be left in the dark!
PS, we bought our binder here, folders here, and tabs here.