1) What are you normally doing on Monday's at 6am? It depends on my rotation schedule. Last month I was rolling out of bed to turn off my alarm. This month I'm making coffee in the French press and reading.
2) What's your favorite beer? Lately, Left Hand Milk Stout but I also secretly love Guinness with a shot of espresso.
3) What skill do you hope to one day master? I'd like to be America's next Master Chef. Not really, but I would like to learn how to be a better cook. Specifically, I'd like to learn the skill of chopping onions like a ninja.
4) If you had a free round trip ticket in the U.S. where would you go and what would you do? I would fly to Oregon and go rafting and fly fishing with my buddy, Brett. I'd also help him finish building the retaining wall in his backyard.
5) What are three things that give you life? The medical field, spending time with you, and being places where all I hear is the wind and rushing water.
6) What makes you cry? Injustice, those suffering loss, and watching people accomplish their dreams.
7) What is one adventure you'd like us to experience before we die? Climb Kilimanjaro.
8) If you could be friends with anyone famous who would it be? It would have to be Tony Romo. I know, I know ... people think he's become too "Hollywood" but I think he's still a true dude at heart.
9) What is the best book you've read this year? The best book I'm "in the process of reading" is Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I'm sad to say that I have only finished one book this year, primarily due to the time I spend learning and reading about medical things.
10) What's your LEAST favorite chore? Dusting. Enough said.
BONUS QUESTION: What are your favorite pair of kicks? My bleach-stained house shoes.
1) What's been your favorite thing about blogging? The friends it's allowed me to make and the conversations I've had. I also love that more people are doing fist pumps & leg kicks. (Check out this month's issue of Bon Appetit, pg 84).
2) What keeps you up at night? Creative ideas and the sprinklers. Sometimes your snoring, but mostly the sprinklers.
3) If you could have one superhero power what would it be? I'd like to be able to speak every language ... does that count as a superhero power?
4) If you could take a trip around the world in 80 days what would be your preferred mode of transportation? A Vespa with a sidecar. Final answer.
5) What was your favorite TV show as a kid? Fraggle Rock even though the Trash Heap terrified me.
6). If someone paid you 1,000 dollhairs to ride a roller coaster would you do it? No. I've never been on a roller coaster and have no desire to get on one. I'm scared of heights, even more than I am of eating meatwad.
7) If you could give your readers one piece of advice what would it be? I'd tell them not to get discouraged. There are a ton of GREAT marriages that look nothing like ours. Be yourself and work hard at studying your spouse or significant other. And don't forget to make time for the things and people you love.
8) What about being a parent are you most looking forward to? (Besides watching you be a dad), teaching our kids how to fish, skip rocks, and make Woobie capes.
9) What is your favorite article of clothing? My Patagonia R2 fleece. It feels like Grover.
10) Where would you want to go if we went on a Backroads cycling trip? Tuscany, Italy or the North Island of New Zealand.
BONUS QUESTION: What would be the "hero" of your ideal backyard? An organic garden with a studio for writing and taking naps.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter for photos and updates not posted on the blog!
Today's Letters receives over 38,000 page views per month and would love to rock your small business or website under our RECOMMENDATIONS heading. Be sure and email us if you're interested in receiving an October rate sheet!