Look out S'mores, there's a new campfire dessert in town. Not only are these FUN and EASY to make, they taste UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE.
1 box of Pillsbury Classic Yellow Cake Mix
1 cup of water
1/3 cup of oil
10-12 oranges (we used 2 and discarded the extra batter)
1. Using a knife, slice off the tops of the oranges about a half inch from the top. Be sure and save the tops since they will be used later on.
2. Hollow out the oranges like you would a pumpkin by scooping out the pulp with a spoon. (You can save this to eat or use to make fresh OJ). After preparing the cake batter according to directions, fill the oranges 3/4 full with the batter.
3. Place the tops back on the oranges and carefully wrap them in heavy duty Aluminum Foil.
4. Place the oranges directly into the campfire and cook for 15-20 minutes, rotating once or twice to ensure even cooking.
5. Remove from the fire and check to see if they are fully cooked.
6. Then stuff the face yo mama gave you.
We even think this would be a fun dessert to make for company. Just throw them on the grill!
Original recipe found here and featured on Apartment Therapy here.