1. Almost all the photos for the blog are shot with a Canon EOS 40D. It produces quality images and is a great mid-level SLR. The lenses I use are: Canon EF-S 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 & Canon EF 50mm f/1:2.5 Macro.
2. I occasionally shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II. (Insert dream camera here). A couple of my professional photographer friends let me borrow theirs when their not using them. All of our Seattle and Alaska photos were shot using a Canon 5D.
3. Every once in a while I'll still take photos using our point & shoot digital Olympus Stylus 790 SW. We bought this three years ago and it has fit our active lifestyle well. It is shockproof, waterproof, freeze-proof, sand & dustproof, and is small enough to fit in your cycling jersey or back pocket. The newest version of this camera is the Olympus Stylus Tough-8010.
4. I also shoot underwater photography and action shots using our two GoPro Surf Hero cameras.
Almost all of our MR340 / KAW100 Race Photos were taken with our GoPro's mounted to the bow and stern of our kayak.
5. I love shooting with my Fisheye One Camera. It is a 35mm film camera that allows you to see everything in a compact circular image (like a fisheye).
6. Of course I also use my iPhone to take and edit photos. My favorite photography app's are: VSCO CAM, SnapSeed, BeFunky Pro, Hipstamatic, IncrediBooth, Color Splash, and Instagram.
Please free to email me if you have any questions about the cameras or editing software I use. I hope you found this information helpful!