Cheesecake Crust Ingredients:
2 Cups crushed Gingersnaps
4 Tablespoons melted Butter
Cheesecake Filling Ingredients:
3 (8 oz) packages of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 Cup Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup firmly packed Light or Dark Brown Sugar (we used Light)
4 Large Eggs
1 (15 oz) Can Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup packed Light or Brown Sugar (we used Light)
3/4 Cup Whipping Cream (found in the milk isle)
4 Tbs Butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Candied Pecan Halves (we buy them in the bulk section at Whole Foods)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. For the crust, use a food processor to crush gingersnap cookies to make 2 cups. Add melted butter and combine well. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan and place in oven for 9 minutes.
2. When cool enough to handle place springform pan on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan with foil. Ensure that no water will penetrate through foil. Place the springform pan in a roasting pan and set aside.
3. To make pumpkin cheesecake, beat cream cheese and both sugars on low until well blended with no lumps. Scrape bowl well.
4. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added amount to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl and beater in between additions.
5. Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla and mix to combine - do not beat, just mix by hand. (Don't over beat the cream cheese mixture). Pour into springform pan over ginger crust. Pour water into roasting pan, about 1" high, and place in oven.
6. Bake pumpkin cheesecake until center of cake no longer trembles, about 1 hour and 45 min to 2 hours.
7. Pull roaster out of oven and pull out your cheesecake. Allow cheesecake to cool on a rack at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes. Place in refrigerator overnight. Bring your cake out of refrigerator about an hour before serving to bring it to room temperature. Remove outside of springform pan.
8. In a saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil excluding pecans. Boil for 3 minutes ensuring that mixture will not boil over.
9. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and spread on surface of cheesecake.
10. Run a sharp knife around the edge and bottom of cheesecake in pan to remove from pan. Use a sharp knife to cut as desired.
Green springform pan was purchased here.